The Newtown Education Foundation promotes and supports innovative education programs for the benefit of students in the Newtown Public School system.
- Innovate within the schools – Recognize innovation within our public schools by awarding in-town grants that serve as a catalyst to inspire critical and creative thinking of Newtown students.
- Create opportunities for both students and teachers – Foster creativity by financially supporting unique educational projects for students as well as professional development for teachers.
- Collaborate with the Community – Increase awareness and the value of novel educational opportunities to the community; while supporting our schools through businesses, civic groups and residents of Newtown.
WHAT WE DO
- Partner with Newtown Public Schools, teachers, parents and the community to provide grants that fund unique educational programs and projects
- Enhance technology opportunity for teaching and learning, which sit outside of the district’s operational plan
- Enrich children’s lives by offering support of music and arts programs
- Inspire students through recognition and scholarship opportunities
- Invest in the best training and development programs for our educators
- Recognize teachers for successful and inventive projects in the classroom
Newtown Education Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization.